КОЖУХОВО ОНЛАЙН: сайт Кожухово, портал Кожухово, форум Кожухово, карты Кожухово, новости Кожухово

Предыдущая тема For those who study english ) Следующая тема
Перейти на страницу:
Предыдущая страница
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
Следующая страница

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему ФОРУМЫ КОЖУХОВО ОНЛАЙН » СОВЕТЫ И ВОПРОСЫ »» ОБРАЗОВАНИЕ, НАШИ ДЕТИ »»» Институты, курсы, образование взрослых »»»» For those who study english )

Нужна ли здесь ветка, где все будут делиться какими-нибудь фишками, словечками, фразами на английском?  

Автор
помощник шамана
На форуме:
17 лет 11 месяцев 11 дней
Посты: 1699
НАГРАДЫ: 1 (показать)
Кубок 100 000 (Итог: 1)
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеСуббота, 23/12/2006, 11:36 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
  aandrey , цитата:
Could anybody help me?
I need DVD - karaoke in English.

If you had asked earlier, I would have brought it from Austria ( or at least try to find it there).

Добавлено спустя 13 минут 51 секунду:

Dmitryp , цитата:
I've got an English book. It's a little story for babies. I read it to my son. In the beginning I read it in English then in Russian.

Do you really think that this method of teaching English to children is really good (I mean translating from E into R)? To my mind it is the exact way for building the so called "language barrier". The idea is that we should teach children to think in English rather than just substitute the English words with the Russian and visa versa. Of course it is not so easy and takes time, also for the child to gather the vocabulary. In teaching E to children we should use mimics and pictures and of course store much patience. There's a nice methodology, though not the only one I think www.i-love-english.ru. Please do not skip "the articles" paragraph. I hope you will find a lot of interesting and useful info there.
 Наверх        Вниз 
[ПРОФИЛЬ] [ОТПРАВИТЬ ЛС] www.KOZHUHOVO.com
ГЛАВНАЯ » СОВЕТЫ И ВОПРОСЫ » ОБРАЗОВАНИЕ, НАШИ ДЕТИ » Институты, курсы, образование взрослых » For those who study english )
Andrey97
старожил
На форуме:
18 лет 5 месяцев 12 дней
Посты: 286
НАГРАДЫ: Нет
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеСуббота, 23/12/2006, 14:45 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
Hi there fans of English
I wonder if someone here has a collection of audiobooks in English: that's my favorite way of practicing. I’d prefer something modern, thrilling and not really hard in terms of English complexity. For sure not anything ‘beginner adapted’, just not really hard.
For the moment I have several novels by Stephen King and Dan Brown in MP3. The latter is rather stupid but definitely simpler to understand by non-native. Got anything of this kind?
 Наверх        Вниз 
ГЛАВНАЯ » СОВЕТЫ И ВОПРОСЫ » ОБРАЗОВАНИЕ, НАШИ ДЕТИ » Институты, курсы, образование взрослых » For those who study english )
Marinelle
помощник шамана
На форуме:
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеСуббота, 23/12/2006, 16:49 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
  Andrey97 , цитата:
Got anything of this kind?

Have you read (or listen) anything of Frederick Forsyth? He is not so "stupid" as Dan Brown and not so simple to understand but possible. I like his "The Day of the Jackal" and would like to read something else.
 Наверх        Вниз 
Таня П.
старожил
На форуме:
18 лет 5 месяцев 29 дней
Посты: 464
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеСуббота, 23/12/2006, 22:11 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
Marinelle
Thanks for advice.
What age is preffered for child to study English ? (to begin I mean)
As my book - Somebody gave it to me.
My son ask to read it. So I do it in this manner: in English then in Russian.
Do you advise to read in only in English or only in Russian or hide it ?
I do it not with the aim to teach my son - only to read this book.

Marinelle
помощник шамана
На форуме:
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеВоскресенье, 24/12/2006, 12:53 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
You should decide what you would like to teach E to your child for. Then think about Russian: we start communicating with the baby even before his birth. The same may be with E. Comment your actions in E, sing E songs, etc. But these extreme cases are rare. I think before 3 years you may not hear an E word from your baby (of course he/she can repeat smth but it is not spontaneous or conscious speech BUT who knows?!...) You can sing songs, play games, of course with the help of dolls or your child's favorite toys, he will wonder that they can speak E! I brought a nice hippo from Austria and my daughter "ate" the fact that she (the pink hippo) can speak E! In any way I think the process of teaching E to children should be divided into several stages: first games and songs that will tend your child to love E and learn it further; then speaking when the child acquire enough vocabulary and is ready to reproduce it in appropriate speech situations; then reading (Mescheryakova uses the original, interesting and very effective method of color reading); then writing and so on. It is not my ideas but I feel the same and agree with the author. I visited Valeria Mescheryakova's seminars in November and now have started singing E songs and playing games with my daughter. She repeats everything with pleasure and we will certainly go on!
 Наверх        Вниз 
Andrey97
старожил
На форуме:
18 лет 5 месяцев 12 дней
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеВоскресенье, 24/12/2006, 13:36 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
  Marinelle , цитата:
Have you read (or listen) anything of Frederick Forsyth?

Thanks for your advice. Though Forsyth seems to be a rather fertile author, I’ve only managed to download The Veteran as audiobook. If you really prefer reading, there are many texts by Forsyth available in the Internet for download. Please let me know if you manage to get something else in MP3 etc. And feel free to ask for what I have:
Agatha Christie - Murder On The Orient Express
Dan Brown - Angels And Demons
Dan Brown - Deception Point
Dan Brown - The Da Vinci Code
Ernest Hemingway – The Old Man and The Sea
O Henry – Short Stories
Paulo Coelho – The Alchemist
Stephen King - Hearts in Atlantis
Fredrick Forsyth - The Veteran
Philip Pullman - His Dark Materials 2 - The Subtle Knife
----------------------------------------
Stephen Hawking - Brief History Of Time
Stephen Hawking - The Nature of Space and Time
Stephen Hawking - The Universe In A Nutshell
Peter Lynch - One Up On Wall Street
 Наверх        Вниз 
Marinelle
помощник шамана
На форуме:
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеВоскресенье, 24/12/2006, 14:53 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
  Andrey97 , цитата:
Thanks for your advice. Though Forsyth seems to be a rather fertile author, I

You're welcome and thank you for the offer, too! I really prefer reading as it helps for right spelling and writing without frequent consulting Lingvo But if I am lazy or drive a car, I will certainly listen to the books.
 Наверх        Вниз 
Andrey97
старожил
На форуме:
18 лет 5 месяцев 12 дней
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеВоскресенье, 24/12/2006, 16:13 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
  Marinelle , цитата:
writing without frequent consulting Lingvo

Don't you use Multitran online (multitran.ru)??? Just try once and you wouldn't stop
 Наверх        Вниз 
Таня П.
старожил
На форуме:
18 лет 5 месяцев 29 дней
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеВоскресенье, 24/12/2006, 23:56 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
to Marinelle
Thanks a lot for your advice.
There is a point which troubles me - my pronunciation. It's not too bad but not perfect also.
What do you think about pronunciation? If it's not perfect is it reason to not speak or sing E to child ?

Marinelle
помощник шамана
На форуме:
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеПонедельник, 01/01/2007, 17:25 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
re pronunciation
O-oops, I mentioned the message too late... But still regarding the pronunciation... I think it is crucial for the teacher to pronounce the sounds correctly. Not everybody can boast of perfect pronunciation (me too ), that's why I think it is important to listen to authentic speech (disks or records) and use it in studying English to children. They can perfectly imitate the speech. Besides even the English children can not speak clearly until 7-10 years so we should not demand the perfect English sounds from our 3-4 years children. It is possible to correct the wrong sounds later but please check that the main sounds are pronounced correctly (e.g. to have [hǽv] instead of [hǽb] and so on).
  Dmitryp , цитата:
If it's not perfect is it reason to not speak or sing E to child ?

It is a reason to listen to authentic speech and sing together with your child

Добавлено спустя 9 минут 55 секунд:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
May your holidays be wrapped with joy and happiness and this year bring you lsuccess and prosperity!

And a nice poem with Christmas wishes sent by my international colleagues who are not afraid of social notices and do not care "the political correctness":

My Christmas wish for you, my friend
Is not a simple one
First I wish you hope and joy and peace
Days filled with warmth and sun

I wish you love and friendship too
Throughout the coming year
Lots of laughter and happiness
To fill your world with cheer

May you count your blessings, one by one
And when totaled by the lot
May you find all you've been given
To be more than what you sought

May your journeys be short, your burdens light
May your spirit never grow old
May all your clouds have silver linings
And your rainbows pots of gold

I wish this all and so much more
May all your dreams come true
May you have a Merry Christmas friend
And a happy New Year, too !!
 Наверх        Вниз 
Таня П.
старожил
На форуме:
18 лет 5 месяцев 29 дней
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеПонедельник, 01/01/2007, 23:47 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
to Marinelle
Happy New Year and thanks for all your detailed answers.

Marinelle
помощник шамана
На форуме:
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеПятница, 29/06/2007, 12:11 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
Hello!
Risking to obtain a "necroposter" title, I am reanimating the old theme
Recently I have come across with two interesting links to English schools/methods. The links are below http://www.berlitz-russia.com/ (with free language level tests) and http://www.gofluent.com/m/B2B/ru/ through internet and telephone means. Besides there is a method of reading of Ilya Frank where adapted and partially translated passages of text are followed by original without translation. http://www.franklang.ru/ It is good for passive vocabulary enlargement and ability to read texts, that might be step for further communication skills improvement. I am personally reading now Frank's books in German. The books are available in different book shops and a wide choice is on www.ozon.ru.
 Наверх        Вниз 
tanechkasch
почти новосел
На форуме:
15 лет 5 месяцев 29 дней
Посты: 16
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеВторник, 28/04/2009, 19:29 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
  Marinelle , цитата:
You should have written:
are you sure that not "you should write"?
 Наверх        Вниз 
Marinelle
помощник шамана
На форуме:
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеСреда, 29/04/2009, 10:25 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
  tanechkasch , цитата:

No, because I did not find the context When the action is refered to the past and it was not completed then Present Perfect is quite possible.
Is it so important? We understood each other.
 Наверх        Вниз 
Sash!
старожил
На форуме:
16 лет 7 месяцев 9 дней
Посты: 375
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеСреда, 29/04/2009, 11:05 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
- Гив ми ту тикетс ту Даблин.
- Куда блин?
- Ту Даблин.

Marinelle
помощник шамана
На форуме:
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеСреда, 29/04/2009, 11:13 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
Sash!
Ту ти ту рум ту ту (two tea to room two two)
 Наверх        Вниз 
tanechkasch
почти новосел
На форуме:
15 лет 5 месяцев 29 дней
Посты: 16
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеСреда, 29/04/2009, 12:51 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
  Marinelle , цитата:
  tanechkasch , цитата:

No, because I did not find the context When the action is refered to the past and it was not completed then Present Perfect is quite possible.
Is it so important? We understood each other.
Yes, it is important for me. I want to check up myself. Unfortunately nowadays I have no practise in English and I am very upset about it - begin to forget the language (( Thank you!
 Наверх        Вниз 
sven
ветеран
На форуме:
17 лет 2 месяца 10 дней
Посты: 595
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеСреда, 29/04/2009, 13:24 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
tanechkasch
Welcome to
http://www.polyglot-learn-language.com/index.php?logoff=ok
 Наверх        Вниз 
Плацебо
почти сосед
На форуме:
13 лет 4 месяца 24 дня
Посты: 33
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеПятница, 26/11/2010, 14:10 | English in Use [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
Соседи и примкнувшие!

Выношу идею на голосование. Всем понятно, что без языка нонче никуда. Многие как-то где-то изучают. В школе, в универе, на курсах… А не создать ли нам тут ветку из серии Помоги себе сам, а заодно и соседу?

Понятно, что не-к-ночи-будет-помянутого товарища Бонка перепечатывать тут никому не надо. Про Present и Past Simple все сами в состоянии почитать. Я же предлагаю создать что-то вроде виртуального клуба, чтобы делиться какими-нибудь фишками, словечками, фразами и т.п., которые мы узнаем не из учебников, а на тех же курсах, от друзей… Ну вы меня поняли.

Оно вам надо, а?
 Наверх        Вниз 
Mickey
старший шаман
На форуме:
16 лет 5 месяцев 3 дня
Посты: 3633
Ссылка: Ссылка на это CообщениеCообщениеПятница, 26/11/2010, 14:17 |  [ЦИТАТА ВСЕГО]
вы предлагаете развить в этой ветке обсуждение вот этой книги?))))))))
 Наверх        Вниз